The ticket diversion program is an option to reduce citation amounts by attending a Bicycle Safety class that helps the Boise State commuter understand more about bicycle transportation. This class will focus on the basic workings of a bicycle and bicycle rules of the road. The participants will be required to attend a 30-45 minute classroom session followed by a 30-45 minute outdoor riding session, weather permitting*. Plan on meeting at the Cycle Learning Center during available class time from the calendar located at the following link: Calendar. Participants are expected to be ready to ride with bicycle and helmet or have arrangements with the Cycle Learning Center to borrow a bicycle and helmet.
*If there is no outdoor session, the indoor class session time will be adjusted to cover additional material.
Who this program is for:
- Anyone who would like to reduce their citation fee.
- Anyone without a valid reason for citation appeal.
- For those who would like to appeal their bicycle citation, click here: Appeal Bicycle Citation
How does the program work:
- Participant is required to sign up for a scheduled bicycle safety class within 10 business days of a citation. A list of scheduled classes is available. Participant must register here for a scheduled class. (make sure your registration form requests the citation date and logs the input time)
- It is up to the participant to remember to attend class on the scheduled day; there will not be automatic reminders.
- A check-in document will be provided at the end of each scheduled class. Participant must stay for the entire length of the class to receive attendance credit.
- Once the participant has successfully completed the class, $25 will be removed from the most recent citation on the account.
- The ticket diversion reduction is only available once per year for each participant, resetting at the beginning of each fall semester. Patrons can register for and attend the bicycle safety classes, without a reduction credit, as many times as desired.
More info about the class and what will be covered in it can be found on the Bronco Bike Safety page.