What do I need to know before getting started?
- Department Deposits are submitted to email@example.com.
- Always use a new Departmental Deposit Template when submitting a request. Submit one template per deposit. Do not add lines or copy and paste over the “Key” column on the template.
- Deposit Requirements: Deposits totaling $200 or more must be submitted to the bank within a day of receipt & uploads must be completed by the following day. Deposits totaling $199 or less must be processed within a week.
- Each department is responsible for reconciling cash deposits to ensure the appropriate Fund, Department and Cost Centers is coded in Bronco Hub. Reconcile deposits recorded in Bronco Hub, via the Deposits – Campus Transaction Dashboard to the deposit transmittal receipts from firstname.lastname@example.org. Reconciliation should happen at least monthly.
- To order deposit slips, endorsement stamps or bank deposit bags, submit a Deposit Supply Order Form.
- Refer to the Cash Handling Procedure Guide for more information about proper cash handling at Boise State.
- All staff receiving cash must be trained on actions to take during an emergency. The University’s Office of Emergency Management maintains an emergency actions manual that must be reviewed by staff receiving cash on behalf of the University.
- In the event of a robbery, the unit that has been robbed is required to contact University Security (426-1453), Treasury Services (426-2864) and Internal Audit (426-3131) as soon as it is safe to do so.