Federal Student Loans are available to US Citizens and Permanent Residents. Typically, PMBA students are eligible for two types of loans during Fall and Spring semesters:
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans are based on your discrepancy status and academic class level. Loan eligibility is not need-based. Unsubsidized loans begin accruing interest as soon as the money is disbursed (released) to pay fees. Interest rates vary each year and are fixed for the life of the loan. A FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is the application to request this type of loan.
- Graduate PLUS Loans are loans made to students to help pay for the remainder of education expenses not covered by other financial aid, such as unsubsidized loans. Interest rates are higher than unsubsidized loans. A credit check and separate application are required for a PLUS Loan.
To get started on your loan request:
- View Boise State Financial Aid’s webpage for Graduate Students
- Apply early – submit your FAFSA Application online.
- Submit your 2019-20 FAFSA for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020. Be careful – two FAFSA applications are currently available. Select the correct 2019-20 version.
- PMBA students are encouraged to submit their FAFSA no later than June 1 for aid in time for Fall 2019.
Note: Professional MBA students are considered above half-time (5+ credits) each fall and spring for loan eligibility. Professional MBA students should plan for other funding for summer sessions when they are enrolled less-than-half-time (3 credits) and ineligible for loans.