Skip to main content

Student Resources during COVID-19

If you’ve been asked to isolate or quarantine because of COVID, you might feel alone physically, but we’re here to support you through this.

First and foremost, if you become ill, follow these CDC guidelines. Contact Boise State Health Services for information and guidance, to schedule telehealth and in-person medical appointments, get referrals if you need additional medical care, and access an after-hours and weekend nursing triage line: (208) 426-1459. Health Services is open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Wednesdays.

Learn more about the Quarantine process and Boise State’s COVID Testing Center and Vaccination Clinic.

For answers to a lot of the questions you might have, look through our list below. If you have questions that aren’t on the list, call or email us so we can help you find what you need. Email questions to or call (208) 426-1527.

Student Support During Isolation and Quarantine


How do my instructors know I have to quarantine or isolate?

The university will notify your instructors that you’ve been instructed to isolate or quarantine. No medical information will be shared with them. These notification emails won’t excuse you from completing any missed work, but they will alert instructors that you’ll need some extra help with continuing coursework, regardless of format. Keep in touch with your instructors so they can help you with this

What is expected of me for my in-person classes if I can’t attend them?

Continue working on your classes remotely to the extent that you’re able. Ask your instructor what remote options are available to virtually attend class or alternative ways to complete your coursework. 

What if I need help doing courses remotely?

I'm having difficulties writing, reading, focusing, or retaining information for class.

The Educational Access Center provides academic accommodations to give you the access you need in your classes, regardless of class format. To start the process, submit a Request for Services form online

I’m not from Boise and I’m wondering if I should go home. Can I just continue my classes online for the rest of the semester?

Check in with your instructors to see what options are available and the impacts of you leaving. If you are living in campus housing, please make sure you contact Housing and Residence Life for assistance.

I need to withdraw from one or all of my classes.

Your ability to withdraw will depend on the timing of the semester session. You may be able to drop classes on your own or you may need to request this. Learn more about dropping courses here. If you’re unsure about withdrawing from classes, contact your academic advisor to review your options and their academic and financial impacts.

Basic Needs

I live on campus. What will this time look like for me?

The Housing and Residence Life team will help you move to a temporary living space so you can isolate or quarantine safely. They’ll also help you identify what else you’ll need during this time, including making sure you still have ways to virtually stay involved with your residential community. Contact your Resident Director for more information.

I need help getting food.

Here are some grocery delivery options. Our Campus Food Pantry offers shelf-stable food as do other community pantries that offer curbside pick up of items.

I’m worried about not being able to work.

These resources may help. Find remote work. You can also look to see if you are eligible for Student Emergency Funds to help make ends meet.

What if I need something from campus?

Coordinate with classmates or a healthy family member/friend to retrieve for you. It is important for you to follow the CDC guidelines to keep yourself and others safe right now. Contact Public Safety for further assistance.


I’m nervous about feeling lonely, anxious or bored.

You are not alone! Add some virtual activities to your schedule to look forward to: BroncoFit programs , Student Involvement events and programs, and Campus Rec’s virtual fitness classes.

Check out The Portal! The Portal is the hub for virtual activities, entertainment, relaxation, and mindfulness resources to help you stay well during your time in quarantine.

For additional support with your mental health, University Health Services has counseling services available. Call to schedule a telehealth counseling appointment and no cost counseling groups by calling (208) 426-1459. For after hours support, the Crisis Text Line or Idaho’s COVID Help Now Line can help.

I’m concerned about bias, racism, and xenophobia related to my experience.

COVID-19 is not associated with any race, ethnicity, or nationality, though systemic health and social inequalities have put members of some communities at greater risk of contracting COVID-19 than others. It is vital that our community work to combat discrimination based on racial bias or appearances and to correct misinformation on the spot. If you experience discrimination or harassment on campus, report it to Institutional Compliance using this form.

I’m concerned about coming back to campus.

We encourage you to follow the guidance and stay informed about Boise State’s commitment to health/safety as we all navigate this together.

I'm wondering what other community resources are out there.

Check out these resource pages that are focused on the needs of college students:

Need additional help?

If you could use some additional support, we’ve created a form for you to let Boise State know how we can support you. A staff member will follow up to discuss what options, support and resources may be available to you.

Request additional help during isolation or quarantine