The purpose of this Checklist is to determine what documentation is needed for review prior to submission. Review the checklist and address applicable issues as listed below.
Before Submitting Contract for Review
- Read the contract. The department is responsible for making sure all terms and conditions meet your business needs. If you have questions note it on the contract routing form.
- Do not have the vendor or the department sign the contract. Please wait until the contract has been approved by OGC.
- Contact other required department(s) or units listed below if applicable for verification. If in progress proceed to submit the contract routing form.
Other Required Department Approvals list if applicable:
- Are you working with a foreign vendor that involves equipment being ITAR-controlled, or where there are non-standard export control provisions or export control implications? Contact Institutional Compliance
- Does the agreement involve student international travel or faculty taking students abroad? Contact International Learning Opportunities
- Does the agreement involve partnerships with foreign universities or countries or admission of foreign students? Center for Global Education.
- Does the contract involve a lease or a rental of a storage unit? Contact Finance & Leasing fka Real Estate Services
- Does contract involve the use of Boise State logo, filming, advertising Boise State? Contact Trademark and Licensing
- Does contract involve any element of sponsorship, endorsement or case study by or of Boise State, the contracting party or a third party? Contact University Sponsorships
- Does the contract involve a foreign hotels or travel abroad? Contact Tax Reporting
- Does contract involve a foreign vendor, speaker, performer, or service provider? Contact Tax Reporting
- Has the Independent Contractor Status been verified by Payables fka Accounts Payable? Contact Payables.
- Is the vendor requesting a waiver of insurance? Contact Risk Management
- Does the contract require insurance coverage? Contact Risk Management
- Are you renting equipment to bring on campus? Contact Risk Management
- Is the contract for $10,000 or more? Verify the contract is not subject to bidding? Contact Procurement fka Purchasing?
- Does your agreement involve a software purchase or license regardless of cost? Send e-mail: email@example.com or to submit form Software and Accessibility Review Board (SARB).
- Or any other units that maybe applicable.
What Documents Do I need to Submit a Contract for Review?
Contract Routing Form
The contract submission must be approved by a Dean, Associate Dean, Director, Assistant Director, Associate Director, Business Manager, Manager, Associate Manager, Assistant Manager, Senior Manager, VP, or Associate VP. Keep in mind that having authority to approve the submission of the Contract Routing Form does not necessarily mean you can sign the contract. Only those with VPFA-delegated signature authority may sign a contract.
Other required approval email from other department(s) or unit(s).
In addition to the contract include any reference such as terms or conditions. Submit the following:
- Submit documents through online form.
- Include a Microsoft Word version of the contract, if available.
- Include all attachments or other referenced documents.
- Include a copy of the original contract for any renewals or amendments, and all prior renewals and amendments.
Include information that you feel would be relevant for review; concerns, summary of services to be provided, questions about the agreement, etc.
How Do I Submit a Contract for Review?
Please submit the contract for review through the Online Contract Routing Form.