Purchase of Goods & Services < $10,000
Typically do not require a bid
Purchase of Goods and Services under $2,999
- P-Card is preferred payment method for small $ purchases as outlined in Purchasing and P-Card policy.
- P-Card payments are not allowed for Independent Contractors or foreign vendors due to potential IRS withholding unless approved by Tax Reporting.
Contracts or SARB approval if applicable, all receipts supporting P-Card transactions need to be kept with the cardholder statement.
Purchase of Goods and Services $2,999 – $9,999
Timing: ~3 days, allow adequate time for OGC vendor documentation review
- Do not submit a purchasing requisition for Independent Contractors. Complete the Independent Contractor Classification Checklist.
- Process may take longer if vendor does not accept Boise State University Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Procurement will issue a Purchase Order.
- Purchasing Requisition is submitted by department via Bronco Hub.
- At least one vendor quote is required. Prudent business practices suggest obtaining several comparison quotes.