Flexible Spending Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) offer a convenient and easy way to save money for eligible medical and day care expenses. You can set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for your qualified expenses.
Navia Benefits Solutions is the third-party administrator for the flexible spending accounts. For details about the FSA plans and how they work, view the Navia FSA Enrollment Toolkit, Flexible Spending Account Features, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Navia Webinar (12 minutes). You may also contact the Office of Group Insurance with questions and visit their Flexible Spending Accounts OGI page
For a list of eligible expenses, visit the Navia Benefits Solutions website.
Please keep in mind:
- You may enroll in a Flexible Spending Account as of the first of the month following your date of hire. If you do not enroll when you are first eligible, you may only elect participation during the annual Open Enrollment period.
- The plan does not automatically continue from year to year for employees that are currently enrolled. You must re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts during the Open Enrollment period for each year that you wish to participate.
- You may not make any changes to your FSA during the year unless you have a qualifying family status change (e.g. marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a child, etc.).
- Both accounts must be treated separately. For example, you cannot use money deposited in your Health Care Spending Account to cover dependent daycare expenses or vice versa. Funds cannot be transferred from one account to the other.
- Employees will be allowed to rollover up to $550 of unused funds in their Medical FSA Accounts from one year to the next.
- All the money in the Dependent Care Spending Accounts each year must be exhausted. Any money remaining at the end of the year cannot be carried over and it is forfeited. “Use it or lose it.”
- You and your dependents do not need to be enrolled in the medical plan to enroll in the FSA.
This information is available on the Office of Group Insurance website: Office of Group Insurance: Flexible Spending Accounts
Need to file a claim?
Idaho Flexible Spending Claim Form
Questions? Contact the Benefits Team at Benefits@BoiseState.edu