Candidates for the Boise State campus-based Radiologic Sciences BS degree, Diagnostic Medical Sonography emphasis must meet the following prerequisites:
- Prerequisite GPA must be greater than 2.50 with a minimum of 14 credits completed by the application deadline (C- will not be considered an acceptable grade for a prerequisite course. Grade acceptance for general university core not required in the prerequisite year will follow the Boise State policy). Prerequisite GPA will be determined using the +/- standards according to Boise State policy.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Complete application, transcripts, and reference forms must be received in the Department of Radiologic Sciences at Boise State University no later than March 1 to be considered for the program each fall.
- Preference will be given to radiographers in the selection process.
- Applicants may have completed or be in the final semester of completing the degree required general prerequisite course work:
- ENGL 101-102 Writing and Rhetoric I, II 6 credits
- MATH 143 College Algebra (FM) 3 credits
- Three credit statistics course
- BIOL 227 (FN) -228 Anatomy and Physiology I, II 8 credits
- HLTH 101 Medical Terminology 3 credits
- CHEM 101/L Essentials of Chemistry I with lab (FN) 4 creditsOR CHEM 111/111L General Chemistry I with lab (FN) 4 credits
- PHYS 101 Introduction to Physics (FN) 4 credits or PHYS 106 Radiation Physics 3 credits
- PSYC 101 Introduction to Psychology (FS) 3 credits or SOC 101 How Society Really Works: An Introduction to Sociology (FS) 3 credits
- ITM 104, 105, 106 (or successful completion of the COBE Computer Placement Exam for Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Database sections)
- UF 100 and UF 200, 6 credits (may be taken during the summer prior to entering the program)