The standardized business card format must be used by those who are employed by the university. The university signature mark is used on all Boise State University business cards.
Boise State University has partnered with a local printing vendor, AlphaGraphics, to create an online store for ordering official university business cards and letterhead. Faculty and staff will use their university credentials to login via single sign-on, select products, enter customizable business card or letterhead information, view and approve instant proofs, and pay with their P-cards, all in one easy self-service transaction.
Prior to printing, each business card and letterhead order will go through a quick brand review where each design will either be approved and sent to print or changes made and a revised proof sent back to you for final review and approval before printing.
To learn more about how to place an order, review the step by step Stationery Storefront Sign In Tutorial. You must be logged into your boisestate.edu account to access the tutorial.
Business Card Guidelines
To ensure consistency, all Boise State business cards must use approved templates. Individual schools, departments and other units may not alter the prescribed business card design and format without permission from the Brand Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org). Because of the potential for poor quality, departments are not allowed to create and design their own business cards on personal computers, nor is it permitted to have business cards printed at off-campus locations.
- Usage guidelines for the University Signature Mark apply to business cards.
- Information printed on business cards should fit the template design shown in the samples above. There shall be no deviation from the positioning of the various elements of the business card. All the information other than name, title and department, should fit into the two columns at the bottom of the card, up to a maximum of four rows.
- The format of each card is consistent and may not be changed, including the size and color of the logo, color of the paper, paper stock, type size and fonts utilized. The template provides space for an individual’s name and title, unit name, the university address, office phone number, fax number and e-mail address. Other information can also be added such as cell phone number, office location or Web address, as long as it fits in the space provided.
- The top line, usually the name of the individual, aligns with the B symbol in the University Signature Mark, as shown in the sample above. In some instances, the top line may be the name of a unit within the university. A unit name may be printed in bold type with the individual’s name underneath it in regular type if a unit so chooses.
- No graphic images other than the university logo may be displayed on Boise State business cards. The University Signature Mark is to be used on business cards rather than the specific companion logos for schools, colleges, departments, units, centers, institutes or facilities in order to maintain the consistency and integrity of the university identity.
- One and two-sided versions of the business cards are available. The second side of the business card must use the prescribed format (the University Signature Mark, or if applicable, and if approved, for affiliated organizations, the applicable affiliate logo).
- Currently, units are advised not to add additional information to the other side of the business card. The business card provides contact information. Marketing information should reside on your website and printed marketing materials.
Student Business Cards
Student business cards are available for current students to use in connection with university-related business. They are similar to staff cards but have orange, instead of blue, backs. Department chair/head approval is needed.
To place a student business card order, email email@example.com.
The front of the cards include:
- Student Name
- Student phone number
- Student u.boisestate email address
- University address
- Department web address
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.