PERSI Choice 401K offers free Retirement and Investment Webinars
Schedule a virtual meeting with your salaried Retirement Plan Counselor directly at https://persi_choice_401k.empowermytime.com/
Schedule a remote meeting with a TIAA representative
TIAA is providing Financial Counseling for Boise State University employees remotely, via phone or video. This is the same quality of counseling employees are used to and TIAA can help answer the following questions:
- Are my investments properly allocated?
- Am I on track to meet my retirement goals?
- Am I saving enough?
- How and from where do I draw retirement income?
- What estate planning issues might I confront?
Meeting Dates are listed on the TIAA registration link https://www.tiaa.org/schedulenow
Your Retirement Plan at Work
AIG Retirement & Financial Services
Here’s how you can help create the financial future you envision.
- Enroll in your retirement plan
- Increase your savings by one or two percent
- Review your investment strategy
- Learn more about your options at our upcoming educational workshop
Join us for one of these virtual workshops to learn more.
Reserve Your Spot
Individual Financial Planning Sessions
Jennifer Braun-Blanco, with VALIC/AIG Retirement Services
Attention Boise State Employees, Our Local Financial Advisor, Jennifer Braun-Blanco, with VALIC/AIG Retirement Services, will be offering on-site 45 minute Individual Financial Planning Sessions in the SUB.
Sign up for an Appointment to
- Review your Retirement Plan(s)
- Complete a Retirement Pathfinder to see if you are On-Target for Retirement, &/or Plan for your Retirement
- Learn about/enroll/make changes to the Mandatory ORP Plan (Faculty and Professional Staff)
- Learn about or enroll in one of the Voluntary Plans: 403(b), ROTH 403(b), or 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan (Open to ALL Benefit Eligible Employees!)
- Learn more about the NEW lower cost mutual fund options &/or compare with your other investments
- Ask questions &/or get help with a Rollover of your previous employer’s Retirement Plan
Individual Appointment Registration Link:
Register Here for an Appointment
(Click on the Link & scroll down to see Dates/Times/Locations. Click on “Select” to Register. IF you don’t see “Select”, keep scrolling down for another date/time.)
Also, please remember, that IF these dates/times don’t work for you, you can always schedule a Phone or Virtual Meeting with Jennifer by appointment. Contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208.859.2728. The above dates/times are just pre-scheduled for your convenience.
Additional Retirement Resources
Individual Retirement Counseling
As part of our new Career Growth Services, Human Resources is excited to offer retirement coaching – designed to support you in having a successful employee experience as you transition towards new opportunities and goals in your life.
Is there Life After Retirement?
Retirement coaching sessions are free and confidential to employees and offer a safe environment where you can focus on exploring options and determine specific actions to take as you plan your future.
Retirement Coaching includes:
- Generating options for a successful and enriching retirement life
- Identifying retirement strengths and concerns
- Designing a personal retirement plan to create a fulfilling and energizing life after work
- Writing the best chapter of your life – Discovering and living your dream
Interested in learning more about our Retirement Coaching?
Contact Jerri Mizrahi at Jerrimizrahi@boisestate.edu for more information and to schedule a meeting.
PERSI (Public Employment Retirement System of Idaho)
www.persi.idaho.gov; (800) 451-8228
Informational videos https://www.persi.idaho.gov/education/
State employee retirement benefits information is accessible through PERSI, the Public Employment Retirement System of Idaho. Use the links above to access the website and the PERSI Member Handbook to learn more about the PERSI Base Plan, Choice 401 Plan, and unused sick leave benefits.
https://www.tiaa.org/public/tcm/boisestate; (800) 842-2733
On-campus Appointments: Boise State’s TIAA representative makes appointments with employees to review plan and investment options and assist with financial and retirement planning.
Please contact TIAA at 1-800-732-8353 to schedule an appointment with a TIAA retirement representative.
On-Demand Online Education : In addition, TIAA’s financial education web seminars provide a convenient, online alternative to a live seminar. You can access these seminars by clicking https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/contact-us/consultations-seminars.
Retirement Tools & Calculators: Access TIAAonline tools and savings calculators by clicking: https://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/advice-guidance/tools-calculators.
www.valic.com; (800) 448-2542
Personal Appointments: Jennifer Braun-Blanco is Boise State’s VALIC representative. She is available for individual meetings on or off campus.
Her contact information is: Jennifer.email@example.com, 208-859-2728.
Online Retirement Educational Information: Click on this link to learn about financial planning, understanding financial products, creating a financial plan or a retirement plan, adjusting investments for retirement and to view video profiles.
Retirement Tools & Calculators: You can access VALIC’s online tools & savings calculators by clicking https://www.valic.com/tools-calculators_2391_422888.html
The official U.S. Government site for people with Medicare, with the latest information on Medicare enrollment, Medicare costs and coverage, and other helpful tools.
SHIBA (Senior Health Insurance Benefits Advisors)
SHIBA offers free services for people enrolling in Medicare, and selecting Medicare supplement coverage. For senior health insurance information, counseling, and assistance, call toll free within Idaho 1-800-247-4422, Idaho Dept. of Insurance, 700 W. State Street, Boise, ID 83720.
Social Security Administration
Local office: 208-321-2900, 1249 South Vinnell Way, # 101, Boise, ID 83709