Procure and Pay for Gifts Awards and Incentives
Before you procure a gift, award or incentive
- Review Policy 6230 Gifts/Awards/Incentives policy prior to committing funds for a gift, award or incentive.
- Review the Gifts/Awards/Incentives FAQs if you have questions.
- If the recipient is or may be a non U.S. citizen, email Tax Reporting at email@example.com.
- Review the Gift/Award/Incentive Form to Determine Taxability/Reportability to Recipient (if the item’s value will exceed $100 for an employee or $250 for a non-employee) and the Tutorial On How to Fill Out the Form to learn what information will be needed when it is time to complete the form, if applicable.
- Completed Gift/Award/Incentive forms should be scanned and forwarded to P2P_Payables@boisestate.edu
Contact Greg Kunde at 426-2964 if you have further questions.
After you procure a gift, award or incentive
- Present the gift, award or incentive (please see next item, you may need to obtain the recipient’s signature)
- If the value of the gift/award/incentive exceeds $100 for an employee or $250 for a non-employee, complete the Gift/Award/Incentive Form to Determine Taxability/Reportability to Recipient (remember to obtain signatures from the recipient or two (2) Boise State employees)
Policy 6230 – Gifts/Awards/Incentives (rev 12.13)
Gifts Awards Matrix (rev 7.21)
Gift Award Incentive Form Gift/Award/Incentive Form
Tutorial On How to Fill Out the Form (ppt)
Summary of Changes that occurred in 2011 (pdf)
FAQs for Gifts, Awards and Incentives (pdf)