Procure and Pay for Gifts Awards and Incentives
Before you procure a gift, award or incentive
- Review Policy 6230 Gifts/Awards/Incentives policy prior to committing funds for a gift, award or incentive.
- Review the Gifts/Awards/Incentives FAQs (PDF) if you have questions.
- If the recipient is or may be a non U.S. citizen, email Tax Reporting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review the Gift/Award/Incentive Form to Determine Taxability/Reportability to Recipient (if the item’s value will exceed $100 for an employee or $250 for a non-employee) and the Tutorial On How to Fill Out the Form to learn what information will be needed when it is time to complete the form, if applicable.
Contact Greg Kunde at 426-2964 if you have further questions.
After you procure a gift, award or incentive
- Present the gift, award or incentive (please see next item, you may need to obtain the recipient’s signature)
- If the value of the gift/award/incentive exceeds $100 for an employee or $250 for a non-employee, complete the Gift/Award/Incentive Form to Determine Taxability/Reportability to Recipient (remember to obtain signatures from the recipient or two (2) Boise State employees)
Policy 6230 – Gifts/Awards/Incentives (rev 12.13)
Gifts Awards Matrix (rev 7.21)
Gift Award Incentive Form Gift/Award/Incentive Form
Tutorial On How to Fill Out the Form (PowerPoint)
Summary of Changes that occurred in 2011 (PDF)
FAQs for Gifts, Awards and Incentives (PDF)