The Interstitial panel is intended to add a large image and engaging text between other panels on a page.
Interstitial Panel Guidelines
- Use the interstitial panel between other panels on a page.
- The interstitial panel should not be used as the first panel on a page. The panel consists of a large image with no text above it and can make it difficult for users to determine what the page is about when used as the first panel on a page. For a better user experience, use the interstitial panel between other panels or at the bottom of the page.
- Follow all Image and Media Requirements and Best Practices.
- Review the Recommendations for Accessible Panels page to learn more about requirements for headings, images, links, and media published in this panel.
- Use of this panel for an undocumented purpose or in a non-standard way is discouraged and may not be supported.
How to Configure the Interstitial Panel
- In the WordPress editor, select Add a New Panel or Live Preview.
- Select the “Interstitial” panel.
- Title: This is a text field. Content entered here will appear as the panel header text.
- Description: This is a WYSIWYG field. This content should be kept brief for design purposes.
- Background Image: Selected image as the panel background. Optimal image size is 1600px x 826px.
- Image Caption: This is an optional text input field. This content appears on the bottom left third of the image. Content should be kept brief for design purposes.
- Call to Action Link: If you include a call to action button, type the URL and add a label.
- Custom Language: The default language is English. Language options that will generate markup signifying that content as being in the selected language.
- Layout: The default selection is two-columns. Choices include one column or two columns, and placing the title and text above or below the image.
- Title Size: Test the page using different screen sizes (desktop, laptop, phone, etc.) and select Large or Normal title size as appropriate for your title content.
- Background: Default selection is white. The choices are white, orange, blue, or grey light. This selection extends full browser/screen width behind all panel content.