Publishing with WordPress
Boise State uses WordPress as a content management system (CMS) to create and manage public-facing websites. WordPress is Boise State’s platform to publish information about a department, unit, or program.
The information in this section will help you:
- Learn about WordPress account access
- Understand the basic components of WordPress including menus, pages and posts
- Learn how to use panels
- Add images and media to your content
- Create specialized web content like tables and forms
Does my content belong in WordPress?
There are some types of web content that do not belong in WordPress.
- Course materials for student instruction belong in the Canvas learning management system;
- Internal documents or sensitive data not for public viewing should be kept in Google Drive or Google Sites;
- eCommerce services should be implemented through Transact.
The Office of Information Technology will remove any inaccessible documents or web content uploaded or published. Site administrators and department staff are responsible for ensuring all web content is accessible on university websites.