People List Panel
The People List panel is intended for use as a roster, contact list, “About Us” page, or other occasions when you to need to list people, their contact information, and optional biographies or other related information.
People List Panel Guidelines
- Use to make a list of people. There is a limit of 100 people per panel.
- Use for a staff list.
- Use for a contact list.
- Follow all Image and Media Requirements and Best Practices.
- Review the Recommendations for Accessible Panels page to learn more about requirements for headings, images, links, and media published in this panel.
- Use of this panel for an undocumented purpose or in a non-standard way is discouraged and may not be supported.
How to Configure the People List Panel
- In the WordPress editor, select Add a New Panel or Live Preview.
- Select the “People List” panel.
- Title: Content entered here will appear as the Panel header text. Do not leave this field blank.
- Description: Enter an optional description about your People panel.
- People: Here’s where you enter info about each person (note that all fields are optional).
- Name: Type the person’s name.
- Job Title: Enter their job title.
- Description: Here’s where their bio or other optional descriptive info should go. Note that Description text for a person will only display when the One Column layout option is selected in the panel Settings.
- Department/Location: Enter department and/or location.
- Email: Enter the person’s email address.
- Phone Number: Enter the person’s phone number.
- Photo: Upload the person’s image. The image should be 200 px x 250 px, and all images should be the same width and height. (If you’d like assistance cropping or reformatting images, contact WordPress Support.) Alt Text is required for images in the People List panel. Add the name of the person to the “Alt Text” field in the Add/Edit Media window. Adding the name of each person as alternative text will ensure the correct information is read by assistive technology and improve the search engine optimization of the People List panel.
- Link: If you’d like to add a hyperlink for each person, enter the URL, link text, and select Stay in Window (recommended) to provide a relevant link if needed.
- Custom Language: The default language is English. Language options that will generate markup signifying that content as being in the selected language.
- Layout: The default selection is One Column. The choices are One Column or Two Columns. A One Column layout option provides additional space for the person Description text to display. The Two Column option does not display person Description text. This affects all people entries.
Example People List Panel
To see the People List panel in action, check out the University Leadership page on the President’s website.