About the Video + Text Panel
The Video + Text panel is used to embed a hosted video within a panel, complete with a title for the video content, a brief description of the video, and a themed “Watch Now” button.
Video + Text Panel Guidelines
- Videos should be hosted outside of WordPress (e.g., YouTube, Google Drive, Vimeo, etc.).
- Do not upload videos to your site’s Media Library.
- Follow all Image and Media Requirements and Best Practices.
- Review the Recommendations for Accessible Panels page to learn more about requirements for headings, images, links, and media published in this panel.
- Use of this panel for an undocumented purpose or in a non-standard way is discouraged and may not be supported.
How to Configure the Video + Text Panel
- In the WordPress editor, select Add a New Panel or Live Preview.
- Select the “Video + Text” panel.
- Title: This is a text field. Content entered here will appear as the panel header text.
- Title Resize? Use this option if the Title includes a long word (12+ characters) that does not fit into the available space on smaller screens. Although this feature will be necessary for some departments and programs, it can impact page load time and site performance if used unnecessarily. This option should be left unchecked unless the Title includes a 12+ character word that exceeds the available space.
- Accent Title: This is an optional field, and displays additional text above the Title in a smaller font.
- Description: Enter an optional description about your video. This content should be kept brief for design purposes.
- Call to Action Button: You have the option of adding a button to provide a call to action (e.g., you might be using a video to entice people to register for a conference…the call to action button could be to the conference’s information or registration page). Enter the URL destination and the desired label for the call to action button.
- Video: This should be a link to your video; e.g., if the video is hosted on YouTube, paste the “Share” link here.
- Video Thumbnail Image: You may select any image or upload an image to Media Library. Optimal image size: 900px x 600px.
- Video Play Button Label: Enter a concise and specific label for the play button that provides a brief description of the video. For example, “Watch: The Title of the Video”.
- Custom Language: The default language is English. Language options will generate markup signifying that content as being in the selected language.
- Background: Select a background color for the Video + Text panel. The options include white, orange, blue and grey.