Welcome to the Department of Respiratory Care
The respiratory care program at Boise State is one of the top in the nation. With small class sizes and a close-knit cohort of faculty and students, our program is engaging and offers hands-on learning experiences. Our placement rate after graduation is excellent, so our graduates are ready to start a successful career right away!
What is Respiratory Care?
Respiratory care is a specialized area of health care that works closely with individuals suffering from breathing and cardiac disorders. Respiratory therapists are trained on advanced medical equipment and work closely with patients to help them manage their conditions.
Announcements and Deadlines
- The RRT to B.S application is live for the summer 2023. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions you may have. The MSRC fall 2023 application is currently live through the Graduate College’s application system. Our priority deadline is June 1, 2023. For questions, please contact us at MSRConline@boisestate.edu
- Our BS in Respiratory Care (On Campus) application is now open! Apply today!
- Our Master’s program is a 2023-2024 APEX recipient. This award is given to programs that are committed to excellence in professional development and the education of respiratory therapists to deliver the highest quality of care and elevate recognition of the respiratory therapy profession.
- Our Master’s program has been named as the top school for online higher education by EduMed.org! View the announcement.
The Boise State respiratory care program is home to three distinct programs:
- On campus program for students new to the field that includes hands-on classroom education, laboratory instruction and clinical experience in local hospitals which culminates in a Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care. This is an entry to practice program.
- Online program designed to advance associate degree registered respiratory therapists (RRT) to the Bachelor of Science degree. This program focuses on the specific skills working therapists need to obtain a bachelor’s degree. This is a degree advancement program.
- Online Master of Science in Respiratory Care program for students who want to advance their careers and the profession with a focus on educational leadership. This is a degree advancement program.
College of Health Sciences
The College of Health Sciences strives to provide high quality, affordable, relevant education to its students and the campus community through health-related initiatives and resources. The college believes that students can learn more from each other through interprofessional education learning opportunities to advance life-long health in global communities. Below is the list of schools, resources, and initiatives housed in the College of Health Sciences.