Review Published PDFs in Monsido
In the Monsido Accessibility module, you can review the internal and external documents listed on your site. You have the option to mark a PDF document as reviewed, start an accessibility scan, or request a remediation quote.
Unless granted an exception by the Directory of Web Strategy, all documents published on Boise State’s public facing webpages must meet accessibility requirements either verified through testing or with an accessible web alternative.
Criteria for Exceptions
Exception requests for documents required to support the university’s mission or operations will be reviewed by the Director of Web Strategy and include the following categories:
- Required by law
- Required for accreditation
- Required to support the university’s mission or operations
- Granted an exception based on it’s purpose
- Has a fully accessible web alternative of the content available
Review PDFs Decision Tree
Use the following decision tree to determine how to address your PDF documents in Monsido.
1. My document qualifies for an exception request
- Yes – submit request for an exception to OITAccessibliity@BoiseState.edu
- No – proceed to step 2
2. I completed an accessibility review on my document before publishing and resolved any issues
- Yes – Proceed to step 3
- No – Complete an accessibility review prior to uploading to the web, for details see Publishing Documents then proceed to step 3
3. All the information in my document is also available on the same webpage
- Yes – STOP mark this document as reviewed in Monsido
- No – Add the content of the document to the webpage then mark as reviewed in Monsido
4. My document can’t be made into an accessible webpage and requires remediation to meet accessibility requirements
- Yes – Start an accessibility scan in Monsido to identify issues for remediation or request a remediation quote in Monsido for your document.
- For additional details about Monsido accessibility scans and remediation quotes review Monsido: Scan PDF Files for Accessibility Issues
Questions or Guidance?
If you have questions or need guidance deciding where your documents fits in the decision tree, please reach out to OITAccessibility@BoiseState.edu for assistance.
Don’t have a Monsido Account?
Review the Accessibility Tools for Documents page for information about tools to create accessible documents.