Categorized Searchable List Panel
The Categorized Searchable List panel supports creating a list of sections, with title and content pieces that are searchable. Jump links for sections appear as a vertical menu on the right-side of the panel, and the panel has its very own search field to allow users to search for info in the panel.
Categorized Searchable List Panel Guidelines
- Use for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Use for long lists of related content and details that need to be categorized and searchable.
- The Categorized Searchable List panel is intended for FAQs or similar content and is not for use with regular page content. If headings and paragraph text can do the job, don’t use the Categorized Searchable List panel.
- Follow all Image and Media Requirements and Best Practices.
- There is a limit of 100 sections.
- Only one categorized searchable list should be used per page. Adding more than one introduces accessibility errors to the page.
- Review the Recommendations for Accessible Panels page to learn more about requirements for headings, images, links, and media published in this panel.
- Use of this panel for an undocumented purpose or in a non-standard way is discouraged and may not be supported.
How to Configure the Categorized Searchable List Panel
- In the WordPress editor, select Add a New Panel or Live Preview.
- Select the “Categorized Searchable List” panel.
- Title (required): This is a text field. This will appear as the title for your panel (e.g., “Frequently Asked Questions”) in large bold type. Do not leave blank.
- Sections: A section is a container that includes a section title and one or more list items. You can create one section with a list of items, or add additional sections to group similar topics or list items together.
- Title: The title is not displayed to the user, but is helpful for labeling the element in the panel so a page author or administrator can easily understand the content at a glance.
- Section Title (required): Content entered here will appear as the title for the current section of the list, and will appear as a “jump menu” item on the right-side of the page. Do no leave blank.
- Items: Items feature an Item Title field and an Item Content field. If you’re creating a list of questions and answers, your question would go in the Item Title field and the answer would be entered in the Item Content field.
- The Trash Can: If you want to delete a Section, click on the Section to expand it and then select the trash can icon labeled “Delete Section” at the bottom.
- Custom Language: The default language is English. Language options will generate markup signifying that content as being in the selected language.
Example Categorized Searchable List Panel
To view an example Categorized Searchable List Panel, please see the Webguide FAQ page.