Web quality assurance (QA) testing is the process of verifying that web content is current and free of errors. High quality content is better for site visitors and more optimized for search engines. Web content creators at Boise State should check content frequently to ensure content is usable and relevant.
Web Content QA Checklist
- Let the Boise State WordPress theme style your text for you. Do not alter the size, color, or font of any text or headings.
- Be sure to “Paste as text” if you are pasting content in from word processing software to avoid bringing in external font styles.
- Review content on a desktop and on a mobile device. Is your content optimized for all screen sizes?
- Keep content updated. Frequent updates to your site’s content will increase search engine optimization. Update or delete outdated pages. Refresh outdated photos. Remember to update your links as more Boise State sites migrate to the new WordPress theme.
- If you have PDF documents on your site, can they be converted to web content? PDF documents are difficult to make accessible and do not provide a good user experience on mobile.
- Optimize site performance. Use the recommended image size for each content area and optimize image file size. Images should be no larger than 1 mb.
- Test your pages in University-supported desktop and mobile browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari.
What is Siteimprove?
Siteimprove is web governance software that regularly scans the public-facing Boise State WordPress sites and provides insights into how to fix accessibility and content quality issues like:
- Broken links
- Accessibility errors
Accessing Siteimprove Reports
To access the Siteimprove web interface, navigate to siteimprove.boisestate.edu. If prompted, log in with your Boise State username and password.
Note: Images in some panels show up as broken links in Siteimprove reports. Verify that the images are visible on the site. This is a known issue and will be fixed as soon as possible.